Meaning of balance
1. (n) a scale for weighing; depends on pull of gravity
2. (n) a wheel that regulates the rate of movement in a machine; especially a wheel oscillating against the hairspring of a timepiece to regulate its beat
3. (n) an equivalent counterbalancing weight
4. (n) (mathematics) an attribute of a shape or relation; exact correspondence of form on opposite sides of a dividing line or plane
5. (n) harmonious arrangement or relation of parts or elements within a whole (as in a design); "in all perfectly beautiful objects there is found the opposition of one part to another and a reciprocal balance"- John Ruskin
6. (n) the seventh sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about September 23 to October 22
7. (n) (astrology) a person who is born while the sun in in Libra
8. (n) equality between the totals of the credit and debit sides of an account
9. (n) the difference between the totals of the credit and debit sides of an account
10. (n) something left after other parts have been taken away; "there was no remainder"; "he threw away the rest"; "he took what he wanted and I got the balance"
11. (n) equality of distribution
12. (n) a state of equilibrium
13. (v) hold or carry in equilibrium
14. (v) compute credits and debits of an account
15. (v) bring into balance or equilibrium; "She has to balance work and her domestic duties"; "balance the two weights"
16. (v) be in equilibrium; "He was balancing on one foot"
Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Wordhut.com. All Rights Reserved. A Photo Ads site