Meaning of process
1. (n) a particular course of action intended to achieve a result; "the procedure of obtaining a driver''s license"; "it was a process of trial and error"
2. (n) a natural prolongation or projection from a part of an organism either animal or plant; "a bony process"
3. (n) (psychology) the performance of some composite cognitive activity; an operation that affects mental contents; "the process of thinking"; "the cognitive operation of remembering"
4. (n) a mental process that you are not directly aware of; "the process of denial"
5. (n) a writ issued by authority of law; usually compels the defendant''s attendance in a civil suit; failure to appear results in a default judgment against the defendant
6. (n) a sustained phenomenon or one marked by gradual changes through a series of states; "events now in process"; "the process of calcification begins later for boys than for girls"
7. (v) subject to a process or treatment, with the aim of readying for some purpose, improving, or remedying a condition; "process cheese"; "process hair"; "treat the water so it can be drunk"; "treat the lawn with chemicals" ; "treat an oil spill"
8. (v) perform mathematical and logical operations on (data) according to programmed instructions in order to obtain the required information; "The results of the elections were still being processed when he gave his acceptance speech"
9. (v) deliver a warrant or summons to someone; "He was processed by the sheriff"
10. (v) shape, form, or improve a material; "work stone into tools"; "process iron"; "work the metal"
11. (v) march in a procession; "They processed into the dining room"
12. (v) deal with in a routine way; "I''ll handle that one"; "process a loan"; "process the applicants"
13. (v) institute legal proceedings against; file a suit against; "He was warned that the district attorney would process him"; "She actioned the company for discrimination"
Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Wordhut.com. All Rights Reserved. A Photo Ads site