Meaning of wave
1. (n) a movement like that of an ocean wave; "a wave of settlers"; "troops advancing in waves"
2. (n) a hairdo that creates undulations in the hair
3. (n) the act of signaling by a movement of the hand
4. (n) (physics) a movement up and down or back and forth
5. (n) one of a series of ridges that moves across the surface of a liquid (especially across a large body of water)
6. (n) something that rises rapidly; "a wave of emotion swept over him"; "there was a sudden wave of buying before the market closed"; "a wave of conservatism in the country led by the hard right"
7. (n) a member of the women''s reserve of the United States Navy; originally organized during World War II but now no longer a separate branch
8. (n) a persistent and widespread unusual weather condition (especially of unusual temperatures)
9. (n) an undulating curve
10. (v) set waves in; "she asked the hairdresser to wave her hair"
11. (v) signal with the hands or nod; "She waved to her friends"; "He waved his hand hospitably"
12. (v) twist or roll into coils or ringlets; "curl my hair, please"
13. (v) move or swing back and forth; "She waved her gun"
14. (v) move in a wavy pattern or with a rising and falling motion; "The curtains undulated"; "the waves rolled towards the beach"
Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Wordhut.com. All Rights Reserved. A Photo Ads site