Meaning of spin
1. (n) a distinctive interpretation (especially as used by politicians to sway public opinion); "the campaign put a favorable spin on the story"
2. (n) rapid descent of an aircraft in a steep spiral
3. (n) a short drive in a car; "he took the new car for a spin"
4. (n) the act of rotating rapidly; "he gave the crank a spin"; "it broke off after much twisting"
5. (n) a swift whirling motion (usually of a missile)
6. (v) prolong or extend; "spin out a visit"
7. (v) twist and turn so as to give an intended interpretation; "The President''s spokesmen had to spin the story to make it less embarrasing"
8. (v) work natural fibers into a thread; "spin silk"
9. (v) form a web by making a thread; "spiders spin a fine web"
10. (v) make up a story; "spin a yarn"
11. (v) revolve quickly and repeatedly around one''s own axis; "The dervishes whirl around and around without getting dizzy"
12. (v) cause to spin; "spin a coin"
13. (v) stream in jets, of liquids; "The creek spun its course through the woods"
Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Wordhut.com. All Rights Reserved. A Photo Ads site